Friday, February 28, 2014

Asian-ish Dish. :)

So I call this the Asian-ish dish only because its DELICIOUS ginger content. I LOVE GINGR!! All things Ginger make me very hungry and happy.. Thus this dish and the fact that I put Ginger in just about everything..
Anyway.. I had been dreaming about making this dish for quite some time or at least something similar too it and it morphed greatly when I realized all the goodies in my fridge that needed to be used before they went bad.. HA! Also I am going on HCG again soon.. so I wanted to eat a lot of my fav foods before I couldn't have them for 40days.
Anyway.. without further ado... here is the recipe. :)

 
The Asian-ish Dish
(Yam stir fry)
 
Ingredients:
 
1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
1 Medium Yam
1 Inch finely chopped fresh Ginger
3 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
1/2 Medium Onion
2 Small Red Bell Peppers
3/4 cup (approx.) Raw Green Beans
approx. 1/2 cup small Broccoli pieces
3Tbsp Agave
1Tsp Lemon Juice
2Tbsp Coconut Aminos (Can use Braggs if you want or Soy Sauce)
3Tsp Umeboshi Plum Vinegar
Grapeseed oil for sauté onions (other oil would be fine.. Grapeseed just lends a nice citrusy flavor)
 
1. Toast the Almonds! :) Put the sliced almonds in a pan on medium high heat.. Once the pan gets heated up you better keep those almonds moving because they will toast up pretty quick. When you start seeing some of the almonds getting a toasty brown color set them aside in a bowl or on a plate to add back into the dish later.
 
1.5 Mix together all liquid ingredients into a small bowl. (sauce for later)
 
2. Next sauté the onions in grapeseed oil. Onions are done sautéing when they start to become translucent.
 
3. Next throw in the Ginger and Garlic.. Let these sauté in with the onions just long enough until you can really smell their delicious flavors/scents erupting from the pan. :)
 
4. Next throw in all your veggies and Yams. Really Mix them in good with your onions and Ginger and Garlic and get them all rolled into that yummy taste and goodness. Then dump on your sauce, that was set aside from earlier, being sure to get it on a little bit of everything. Top it off with a lid and let the products steam for a good 10minutes. Once the Yams are nice and tender (keep your eyes on it) The dish is complete! After that just pull the lid off so some of the liquid can cook and evaporate out and that is it. :) Unless you will be putting this dish over rice or quinoa.. Then you may want the liquid. :)
 
5. Enjoy!! :)

4 comments:

  1. yum!! this sounds just fantastic! i cannot wait to try it. i recommend a strong peanut oil for asianish dishes :) and it has a high smoking point as well... great for sauteing :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That other comment was meant to be a reply to you.. I'm still figuring this out.

      Delete
    2. Oh! And thanks for being so supportive of my blog and always leaving comments. :) it makes me happy. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooooo! I will have to try that! Mom has some peanut oil but I think it may be rancid.. Not sure ha! Or sesame oil might be delicious too! Mmmmmm.. Choices choices. :)

    ReplyDelete