Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Strawberry Cantaloupe Basil Salad

This is a great summer salad!! Probably one of my favs right now.. I have been making so much of it and eating it.. its ridiculous!! :) This time of year there are always plenty of luscious strawberries to eat and cantaloupes are usually pretty easy to get ahold of as well. :) Oh and basil just compliments everything in this dish perfectly! its making my mouth water.. :)  Mmmm.. Anyway.. Enough talk.. Lets get to the recipe!! :)

Strawberry Cantaloupe Basil Salad
 
Ingredients:
 
3 Large Handfuls Spinach
1/4 of a Cantaloupe (cut into bite size pieces)
4 Strawberries (Sliced)
6 Basil Leaves (Sliced into Ribbons)
Hemp Seeds (For Topper)
 
Dressing of choice (I suggest Tessemae's Raspberry Vinaigrette)
 
1. Put all ingredients into a bowl and serve. :) Looks best if you top with Hemp Seeds and basil ribbons. :)
2. ENJOY! :)
 
Here's a pic of the dressing I like. :)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. mmmm.... sounds wonderful!!! do you have any advice for picking a ripe cantaloupe? i can never seem to get a ripe one :( i posted my white bean and kale minestrone recipe today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally go for the ones that I can smell. If they have a strong sweet smell then it's time to eat! :)

      Delete