Friday, December 20, 2013

Ginger-Garlic Inspiraton.

Hello!! I am very excited about this recipe today...
The last couple of days I have had plenty of time on my hands so I have been baking and cooking up a storm and my belly feels very very happy. :)
Today I was chillaxing at home going through my newest cookbook..

 
This lady is a genius! She has SO many wonderful recipes.. I would highly recommend getting her book. I found it at Costco. At first I was nervous about putting forth all the money for it (about $20) but there is 150 recipes approx. and my mother can use the meat laden recipes. :) we have had a lot of fun using this cookbook.
 
Anyway.. whilst cruising the pages I came across two different recipes.. she has a recipe for a Ginger Garlic Broccoli and Cauli-Rice!! My mind started exploding with ideas!!!! I love ginger and garlic..  I put those spices in just about everything but I tend to over spice and so I had never tried those two by themselves!!Genius!! So.. immediately ideas of combining red peppers and green beans and ginger and garlic all started flooding my brain and as a result I went for this..
 
 
Gingered Green Beans and Cauli-"Rice"
 
Ingredients:
1/2 cauliflower head
3/4 cup chopped onion
2Tbsp coconut oil
2Tbsp Grapeseed oil
Approx. 1/2 cup red bell peppers sliced
Approx. 2 cups green beans(fresh)(1/2 10oz bag)
2Tbsp Fresh puréed ginger + 1Tbsp
4-5 cloves fresh garlic minced
3Tbsp Coconut Aminos (similar to soy sauce or braggs liquid aminos)
3/4 cup water
1tsp red pepper flakes
 
1. The first step is get all the prep work done. Once the recipe gets going it can get a little nuts so you will want to chop and puree everything that needs chopped or pureed. Part of the prep work is turning the cauliflower into cauli-"rice" this is simple.. All you need to do is throw the cauliflower florets from the 1/2 cauliflower head into a food processor and process until you get a rice like texture.. do it as fine or as coarse as you prefer.
2. On medium heat in a rather large skillet sauté your onions lightly with the coconut and grapeseed oils. Then add in red bell peppers and sauté a bit more. Next add in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Next add in the Green beans and cauli-"rice". Cook for about 5mins stirring pretty frequently.
3. In a small bowl mix together red pepper flakes, 2Tbsp of the ginger and the coconut aminos. Stir that into the skillet. Next throw in your water and mix thoroughly so all the spices get dispersed evenly. Top with a lid and let boil/simmer down for about 10mins.
4. Remove lid and turn up to medium-high heat. Continue cooking until excess water is gone. (When excess water is close to gone add in the last Tbsp of ginger) In the last few minutes I like to start stirring less so that the veggies and cauli-"rice" can get a little roasted and slightly char.. Yum! :)
5. Enjoy! :)
 
This recipe was fun to make and even more fun to enjoy! I hope you like it! :)

4 comments:

  1. sounds awesome!! i LOVE it when i find something that inspires me like that! have you read the cook book "feeding the whole family"? it is such a good book with lots of awesome information.... cynthia lair is a nutritionist. if you look it up on amazon you can read a sample of the book if you click "look inside". i also have an amazon link to the book in my sidebar on my blog... you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out thanks jen! :) That is a brilliant idea for looking inside a book before you buy it.. should do that more often. :)

      Delete
  2. that recipe sounds fantastic btw... cauli rice? friggin brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I have seen cauli-rice a lot on the web and then again in the cookbook it reminded me of the idea and I went for it. :) I was very happy with the results.. amber was over today and got to try some too. :) yay! we also made a smoothie that was AMAZING!!!

      Delete