Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Brussels of a Lifetime.

Hey Strangers! :) How is everyone's day?? Mine is going pretty good. :) Just got off work and I thought I would make myself Some Maple Hot Cocoa with almond milk... Mmmmm.. unfortunately I didn't write it down.. :( So.. I don't have that for you today but I do have something pretty equally delectable. :)
How many of you like Brussel Sprouts? Probably not many.. Maybe you just haven't had them the right way?? Try this!! You will probably love it.. (I certainly hope so ha!) I actually made this at thanksgiving last year and it all got demolished. :)
Anyway.. enough chit chat!! Here is the recipe. :)

 
Cinnamon Crusted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Rosemary Glaze
 
Ingredients:
 
Coconut Oil(enough for pan approx. 2tbsp.)
Rosemary(approx. 1tsp.. Fresh is best.. I've used dried in the past.)
Cinnamon (approx. 1/8-1/4tsp)
Salt(to taste)
Pepper(to taste)
Brussel Sprouts(approx. 2cups chopped in half)
Onions(approx. 1/4 cup)
 
Glaze-
Balsamic Vinegar(approx. shy 1/4cup)
Maple Syrup(approx. 1/4cup)
Honey(approx. 1/4cup)
Lime-or lemon juice (approx. 1tbsp or more to taste)
cinnamon(approx. 1/4-1/2tsp)
 
1. Melt Coconut oil in the pan(may need to keep adding more coconut oil as Brussels cook). Toast up Brussels that were cut in half with the first set of ingredients until onions start to caramelize. Don't flip the Brussels around to much.. you want them to char a bit and get toasty on the open side.
2. When Brussels are done pull out of the pan. Set aside. Throw in second set of ingredients in with leftover spices and oils.. Turn up heat cook down to a glaze.. Once thickened up nicely pull from burner to cool and thicken further. Top Brussels with delectable glaze.
3. Enjoy! :)
 
I'm so sorry!! I forgot to write down specific measurements!! You can tell I am new at this a? Well I hand you guys this challenge.. I challenge you to play with these ingredients and do it to taste! It's a very forgiving dish and fun to play with. I have  experimented before and dusted the Brussels with a sweet curry in the first step before they got topped with the glaze and that was delicious too! :)
I promise I will make this recipe again and I will write down more specifics as I get used to blogging. Anyway.. I hope you enjoy these Brussels! :) Did anyone go for it?

3 comments:

  1. me and amber are very impressed!! you did a great job with your first recipe post! and i like how you put your picture up and added a link and whatnot... very cool. love the way it's coming along and i had forgotten about that fabulous brussels recipe i will have to make it!

    ReplyDelete